‘Blood to Earth‘ is a reference to something that happens in Book 1 (no spoilers at the mo, but I may put some up when I get Book 1 published! By that time that story will be out there so everyone and anyone can buy it/read it!)
I’m excited for this book. Where Book 1 introduces the world and the characters, this book starts to explore the the links between them, bringing them together and tying up some of the threads started in ‘Hunters‘.
The plan is that after Book 3, the main plot is in full effect and you know all the players. From there it will be a roller coaster ride to the finish line, and will hopefully take you (the readers) to places you NEVER expected it to go.
The end (of Book 7, which I’ve already written) will hopefully blow your mind and set up a VERY new and DIFFERENT narrative for if I decide to move these characters forwards.
Which I REALLY want to.
For now though, I’m sorry but this page will remain under construction for a while.
*accurate as of 17th June 2020
So what are the stats on Songbird book 2 ‘BLOOD TO EARTH‘ so far?
Well, it consists of…
- 92 Chapters (including Prologue and Epilogue)
- 447 Pages (in word at least!)
- Average chapter length so far: 1,736 words
- Total written words so far: 160,692 (Ooooo so close to my estimated 159,748 words!)
- It follows the characters from the first book, and introduces 1 new important one!
- It also opens up a new part of the world, visiting South America and exploring what’s happening down there.
It’s now FULLY written in it’s FINAL DRAFT form, and has now gone off to my beta-readers and my editor!
The chart below shows the progress towards the FINISHED article.